Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sugar Cookie Bars


I found this recipe on  A Creative Princess and wanted to share it here............ While I was checking out linkies in Sunday I found this "yummylicious" cookie,my favorite from childhood but a whole lot easier, bake all at once and you have sugar cookie bars!
Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream-Cheese Butter Frosting 
Ingredients
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
5 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
parchment paper
*(Notes in parentheses are mine, just like this one. :) )
Directions…
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. (I beat the butter and sugar together, for about 5 minutes, until it was really light and fluffy.)  Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla extract and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and stir with a wire whisk to mix well. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined. Spread dough onto a greased(I used parchment paper lined) 13 x 18 baking sheet. (I like parchment, ’cause there is, absolutely, no sticking. JMO. ;) ) Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. The bars won’t look done so do the toothpick test. Cool completely and then frost.

Frosting…
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
5 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp. milk
food coloring (if desired)
sprinkles (of course)
Directions…
Combine butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla extract and salt. Add powdered sugar in 1 cup increments until combined, then add milk and mix until smooth and spreading consistency. Spread over cooled sugar cookie bars.
Photo borrowed from  Lady With The Red Rocker
This frosting is to die for! When I made it, I only had 4 cups of powdered sugar, so I just omitted the milk.  Let me tell you, I could have eaten the whole bowl, with a spoon, it was that good!
Enjoy!



 Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by whether this is your first time to visit the blog, Welcome! If you have visited before, thank you for stopping by!