Monday, December 19, 2011

Quick Danish Recipe

Heat oven to 350
This is the easiest fruit croissants I have ever made and they are delicious.
They are made with:
1.1 package of refrigerator Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2. 4 oz Cream cheese
3. Frozen fruit your choice (enough for the center)
4. Prepared icing (I used Pillsbury Vanilla Cream)

So as pictured above, I open the package of rolls, lay them out on a ungreased cookie sheet and pinched the separations together. I cute strips about 1/2inch thick of cream cheese and lay through the center of the dough. Next I place desired amount of fruit (in this case, peaches, 2 slices of frozen peaches on each strip of cream cheese.) Using berries I would cover the cream cheese.

After laying in the fruit over the cream cheese, I slowly fold the sides to overlap and lightly pinched the edges together to seal the fruit and cream cheese in.

Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
(ovens may vary so I suggest checking at 12 minutes)

When they are baked to golden brown move from the oven and drizzle with icing (more or less to taste)

These are so simple, you can assemble these in the time that takes the oven to heat.
I have made these with mixed frozen berries and they are delish!!
Enjoy!!
No for this recipe I happen to have a coupon for the Crescent Rolls

Linked to this party

2 comments:

  1. I love this and can't wait to try it. Wish I had some now. Came over from Flamingo Toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be part of today's brunch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by whether this is your first time to visit the blog, Welcome! If you have visited before, thank you for stopping by!