Makes: 20 cookies
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine dough, flour, and peppermint extract; mix well. Divide dough in half; mix food coloring into 1 portion.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of white dough into a 4- to 5-inch rope. Roll 1 teaspoon of red dough into a 4- to 5-inch rope. Place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on an ungreased sheet; curve top of cookie to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Candy-Cane-Cookies-154/#rZbXtX3fW3ZITfup.99
'via Blog this'