Crock Pot Tortilla Soup Recipe With A Twist
So I was thinking of something that would be good for Super Bowl Sunday and since I have been craving Mexican food lately decided to try Tortilla Soup so first I had to find a recipe that I liked the ingredients and found one at Unsophisticated Cook using cream of chicken soup and tortilla's for thickening, seemed like a very simple recipe and it is made in the "crock pot",
which I have not used forever and decided to give it a try.
I did add my own twist to this recipe as we love diced tomatoes so I added 1 small can and we like it Spicey so I added pepper flakes (just a pinch). The kind you use on pizza.
- 1 (16-oz.) jar Pace Picante Sauce I like medium
- 2 cans Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Low sodium
- 1.5-lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-os.) diced mexican flavored tomatoes
- 3 soup cans of water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pepper flakes
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- additional shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- Stir together picante sauce, soup, chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes water and cumin, pepper flakes in a 5-qt. or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2.5 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the tortillas and cheese into the soup and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro right before serving.
- Serve with additional shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping.
This recipe is variation from Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
and Presented by Campbell Soups
Now for another idea how about individual Pizzas made
with Stonefire Breads or Bolillo Bread
These are easy to make and could even create a Pizza bar so each person could make their own. Just make individual bowls of toppings:
- pizza sauce
- prepared meat sausage, hamburger
- mozzarella cheese
- green peppers
- yellow peppers
Provide the breads, and let them go to town. I have even bought the pizza sausage in the refrigerator case and turkey pepperoni to make these.
They only take about 7-8 minutes to bake at 400* I have a cooking stone which makes baking these a dream!
I actually did a product review with these breads check it out Here